Selecting your hoop
The diameter of a hula hoop (the measurement from one outside edge of the hoop to the other outside edge, right down the widest part of the circle) is the most important factor in what that hoop will be ideal for, and whether it will work for you!
Most people assume that smaller diameter hoops will be good to start out with, but that's not the case! Beginners are best off with a hoop with a large diameter. A larger diameter hoop moves around your body more slowly, requiring less feedback from you to keep the hoop spinning, and not on the ground.
My HDPE hoops:
- Have a fair amount of weight to them, making them especially good for beginners
- Are wrapped in decorative tape
- Are super durable and sturdy
My polypropylene hoops:
- Are very light, making them more difficult to hoop with, but great for seasoned practitioners
- Are great for dancing and performing
- Are available in a variety of beautiful colors, some of which fluoresce under black light!
- Come with a snap-button which enables them to be coiled to a smaller size for shipping and travel