Hoop FAQ: Choosing a Hoop
What's the difference between HDPE hoops and polypropylene hoops?
My HDPE hoops:
- Have a fair amount of weight to them, making them especially good for beginners
- Are wrapped in decorative tape
- Are super durable and sturdy
My polypropylene hoops:
- Are very light, making them more difficult to hoop with, but great for seasoned practitioners
- Are great for dancing and performing
- Are available in a variety of colors, some of which fluoresce under black light!
- Come with a snap-button which enables them to be coiled to a smaller size for travel
How big should my hoop be?
For waist and hip hooping, the general rule is that the bigger and heavier the hoop, the better it will be for a beginner.